Thursday, April 22, 2010

The 80's A Decade In Review

For me the 80's is probably my absolute favorite decade for movies. It just had so many amazingly enduring pop culture films. This list might get long on me as I know there are going to be a ton of movies I feel need to be included. Also, take the numbering with a grain of salt because it was almost impossible to decide which movie deserved the number one spot. Action, comedies, slasher, and some of the best adventure films of all time. 80's films owned. What else can you say?



1. Back to the Future - Heavy
2. Caddyshack - I always thought this was a 70's movie. Nope, 1980.
3. Platoon - Great stuff from Oliver Stone.
4. Die Hard - One of the best action movies ever.
5. Beetlejuice - My favorite Tim Burton film.
6. Ghostbusters - Bill Murray is gonna show up on this list a few times.
7. Raiders of the Lost Arc - Spielberg is also gonna pop up more than once as well.
8. Vacation - Christmas Vacation was also amazing.
9. ET - More Spielberg, naturally.
10. 48hrs - Best buddy cop film ever!
11. Full Metal Jacket - Coolest, most absurd ending ever.
12. Weird Science - John Hughes had to pop up once and since I'm a guy, Weird Science.
13. The Goonies - Great pop flick.
14. Parenthood - My favorite Steve Martin film.
15. A nightmare on Elm Street - The remake comes out soon!
16. Lethal Weapon - The second best buddy cop film.
17. The Terminator - This scared the hell out of me as a kid.
18. Top Gun - "I'll engage when I'm God damn good and ready".
19. Risky Business - More Tom Cruise.
20. Friday the 13th - Scariest last scare when I thought it was already over.
21. Beverly Hills Cop - Eddie Murphy was great throughout the 80's.
22. An Officer and a Gentleman - When you've got no place else to go...
23. The Shining - I don't care that Stephen King didn't like it.
24. Splash - Tom Hanks evolves back into something amphibious for love. Awesome.
25. Fast Times at Ridgemont High - Classic teen flick.

0 comments:

Post a Comment